Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bars
This super easy NO-BAKE recipe will blow you away! The rich cocoa adds a delicious chocolatey flavour and the peanuts give you all the crunch you need. You would never notice that it also happens to be completely vegan, gluten-free, soy-free AND RAW!! Packed with loads of protein, iron and fibre, this chocolatey treat will take you to paradise!
| Vegan | Gluten-Free | Soy-Free | Raw |
Makes 5-10 Servings (Depending on the cut)
1 Cup. of Roasted, Unsalted Whole Peanuts
2 Cups of Rolled gluten-free Oats
1/4 Tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. of Raw Cocoa
3 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup. of Cold Water
1/8th Tsp of Almond Extract (optional)
1/8th Tsp of Vanilla (optional)
5 Pitted Dates
1/4 Cup of melted Dark Chocolate (For topping – Optional but highly recommended! lol)
*You will need a food processor for this recipe*
LET’S GET STARTED!
1) Add your oats to the processor, and ground until fine for about 45 seconds. Then and your peanuts and pulse until the peanuts are chopped finely.
2) Now add your cocoa and salt and pulse for a few seconds, to combine. Add your Pitted dates and pulse for about 45 seconds until it is completely incorporated into your mixture.
3) To create a doughy texture, add in your coconut oil, water and extracts then pulse for 10-15 seconds until your mixture looks like a doughy form.
4) on a parchment paper or foil, scoop out your raw dough and form it into a 2″inch high rectangular form. Now pour your melted chocolate over the block, just coating it up to the very edges. Place your bar in the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
5) Remove your treat from the freezer and cut it into 5-10 rectangular shaped energy bars or small square bites if preferred. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to one month. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this! Please feel free to share this post with your friends and family!